So you are getting married! Congratulations. Now where to get married? A destination wedding is a wonderful option that can run you a lot less than a traditional wedding at home. The wedding coordinator at the resort does most of the work for you. Tell them what colors you want, what food you want served, how many people are coming, the music you want and they take care of it all. Plus they will walk you thru the marriage requirements for the destination you have in mind. Remember they do weddings all day, every day so for them this is a piece of cake, wedding cake!
At InterlineTravel.com we have several all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean, Mexico and Costa Rica that offer fantastic destination weddings. All have wedding packages and all work pretty much the same. So let’s show you what options you have for a fantastic destination wedding at the Riu Palace Aruba.
Now as for getting married at the Riu Resorts, specifically the Riu Palace Aruba here are some options for locations at the Aruba location.
Type of Ceremonies
Weddings by Riu celebrates three different types of ceremonies: Civil, Symbolic & Renewal of Vows.
- Civil Ceremonies: Is performed by a Judge and it is legally recognized. The newlyweds will receive a marriage certificate and also a symbolic marriage book. This ceremony must to take place at the City Hall in a weekday during the morning, this is established by local laws.
- Important: Civil weddings are legally recognized in the country where the wedding is performed. As each country has specific requirements, We highly recommend you to contact your respective Embassy or Consulate in order to get the complete information regarding the procedure that you’ll have to follow in order to legalize your Marriage Certificate in your country. *Riu Hotels and Resorts is not responsible of this legal procedure.
- Symbolic & Renewal of vows ceremonies: Are performed by a Non-denominational Minister and it are not legally recognized. Couple must be already married. This ceremony can be perform at the beach.
- Important: Riu Hotels & Resorts prides itself on the reliability of our properties which always welcomes cultural diversity, please note that our Riu properties in Aruba performs symbolic same-sex weddings.In order to apply for a symbolic or renewal of vows ceremony is a must to send a photocopy from the legal marriage certificate of your home country.
- Locations: All of Riu resorts offer different locations to hold the wedding ceremony. At Riu Palace Aruba you may choose from:
- • Beach: Maximum capacity 100 persons
- • Gazebo: Maximum capacity 50 persons
- • City Hall: Maximum capacity 60 persons For civil ceremonies in Aruba this can be performed from Monday through Friday at City Hall Only in the morning (10:00 a.m. or 11:00 AM).
General wedding policies
The couple and 80% of their guests must stay at the same Riu Hotel where the wedding will be performed. Only 20% of the total group can stay at another hotel chain.
Riu Palace Aruba offers you a variety of wedding packages to choose from. (Prices shown are for 2015 and will go up slightly in 2016)
- Classic Package: Complete with a wedding planner to thoughtfully coordinate your special day and all the elements necessary for an unforgettable ceremony. Our Classic Package is an ideal way to start your lives together in a very romantic and intimate way. For the bride & groom (Extra guests allowed with additional charge). Prices from $1,280
- Royal Package: The perfect balance between simplicity and extravagance, our Royal Wedding Package provides a variety of impressive amenities. From a complimentary room upgrade to a wedding cake and sparkling wine, the Royal Package is intended to make your special day perfect in every way. Prices from $2,090
- Caprice Package: The RIU Caprice Wedding Package is our most extravagant, elegant and complete option. Created for those who desire an unforgettable and once-in-a-lifetime event. The Caprice package provides an endless number of extraordinary details and amenities to ensure that your dream of a fairy-tale wedding truly does come true. Prices from $2,610
|Wedding Planner to assist you in your special day.|
|Decoration set up for the ceremony location.|
|Bouquet and Matching Boutonniere.|
|Recorded Music during the ceremony.|
|Semi-private dinner at one of our specialty restaurants.|
|Sparkling wine. (During the main toast only)|
|Special decoration in the room for the wedding couple.|
|20 Minutes Romantic massage for the wedding couple.|
|Manicure, pedicure and hairstyle for one member of the wedding couple.
(Not Available at Riu Playa Blanca)
|10 % discount on all spa services for the wedding couple and wedding guests. (Restrictions Apply)|
|Complimentary room upgrade for wedding couple subject to availability upon arrival (External Jacuzzi Suites not included).|
|Late check out for wedding couple subject to availability.|
|Riu “T- Shirts” for wedding couple.|
|Breakfast in bed the morning after the ceremony for wedding couple.|
|Fruit with chocolate & bottle of sparkling wine for wedding couple.|
|Surprise gift for wedding couple.|
|Witnesses if required. (Hotel Staff)|
|Two bags of petals.|